Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jazzed Up

Today I had the opportunity to listen to an awesome speaker, author and leader in the area of women's recovery:  Stephanie Covington, PhD, LCSW.  At the same time, I got to see some of the amazing women who helped me take my first steps in sobriety and give me some guideposts to help me find my way in my new world. 

I have oodles of notes and thoughts and ideas all jumbled on paper and floating around in my head.  How fun.  How exciting!  Yahoo for me!  I love it when there are so many ideas to play with that I hardly know which one to fiddle with first.

Seeds.  Faith.  Responsibility.  What we stand for.  Who we stand with.  Values.  A Joy List.  (Oh boy, oh boy!  This sounds like fun in the making!)  Humility.  Balancing my inventories with positives, not just adjustments.  Transformation.  What's blooming in me. 


AND... a few more books to add to my reading list.  But I swear, I swear, I swear up and down that I will finish at least half of the 6 or 7 I have in progress before I even go to the library to consider reading any of them.  Really, I swear!

I'm truly grateful that I had this chance to spend time with so many positive, incredible women!  What a lucky girl I am!

Now, I'm off to fiddle around with some fun ideas while they are still fresh in my mind.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails