Thursday, February 18, 2010
Winter Harrah!
I live in Minnesota. It snows here. Sometimes, it snows a lot. Winter, well, winter seems to last forever. It creeps in early - first with cold temps in November and then with snow. More snow. More snow. MORE snow.
Usually, my front steps are an indicator of my tolerance level for snow. I have 28 or 30 steps... some unreasonable number that blurs in my mind from too much shoveling. At the beginning of winter, I shovel dutifully. The entire width of the steps is cleared away from day one. By the last snow of the season, it's not uncommon to see a lone trail up the steps -- only as wide as my shovel.
In these days, when it's certainly too early for spring, I need to remember not to wish away my life. Not to wish whole heartedly for spring days - with balmy temps of 50 degrees and mud in the back yard. Hey - this is spring in Minnesota! Yesterday, a radio announcer said something along the lines of, "Do you have spring fever yet?! What a great sunny day! Highs today were around 32. Lows tonight of 8. Another great day in store tomorrow." Um, he meant it. We are excited by freezing temps in February! With sun, no less!
Any way, my point is today, that I need to find some fun things to help me appreciate the winter weather that is sure to hang around here for the next month or so.
I will be dreaming up some fun activities to participate in to enjoy the winter weather before we turn to the season of slush and mush and wet sloppy joy.
Tomorrow, I'll be back to share a plan for some winter fun for the days ahead.
Winter is winding down, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy the unique activities that come with the snowy white wonderland. What do you want to do before it's time to turn your thoughts to gardening, biking and ... yard clean up?
Dream a little.
Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment