Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praying for Resilience




Suffering produces perseverance; 
perseverance, character; 
and character, hope.
Romans 5:3-4


I have a dear friend who is living through trial after trial.  My heart aches for her.  Her life's journey is one of perseverance and grit right now.  She's certainly building character.  Though in my opinion, she is a person of strong and true character without any additional trials to test what she's made of.


My friend lives over a thousand miles away from me.  Which makes it hard to give her a hug.  Or hand her a cup of tea.  Or to just sit with her quietly and let her be valued for the lovely, caring soul that she is.  Let her be the one comforted, rather than the one comforting others. 


Today, I am praying for God to hold her up.  To bolster up the resilience that resides within in her.


Mostly, I am praying that her heart finds Comfort and Peace.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails