It has been an interesting process for me. A process that is confirming something I've already learned in the past 16 months or so. For most of my adult life, I have been pursuing goals that are not tied directly to my core values. I've been chasing dreams that seem like they could possibly deliver personal happiness and fulfillment, but do not actually sync up with my values.
An insight like this is not exactly one that brings joy and contentment when you realize your predicament. However, you need to understand what your reality is in order to decide what you can do, need to do, want to do or have to do next in your personal journey.
Insight without action is meaningless. I believe this.
Which is why I have been trying to shift my behaviors and personal activities to things that are more in line with what I truly value in life.
Some of my core values are:
- Family
- Faith
- Gratitude
- Making a Difference
- Spirituality
- Compassion
- Integrity
- Joy
- Tolerance
- Peace
- Balance
The changes I have made and continue to make are leading me down new, exciting and sometimes scary roads in my personal journey.
I am a work in progress.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment